The NJSIAA has partnered with the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety on the “Be a Winner Behind the Wheel” campaign, to provide safe driving messaging to teens, their families, and communities at large.
The Division of Highway Traffic Safety has identified five key areas of focus for keeping teens safe on the road. The “Be A Winner Behind the Wheel” campaign emphasizes the following platforms:
- Prevention of impaired driving
- The components of the state’s Graduated Driver License, via the “Stick to It” campaign: Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) laws are recognized as the single most effective tool for keeping young drivers safe and reducing teen driver crashes, injuries and deaths. New Jersey has some of the most effective laws in the country, so to celebrate 10 years of Kyleigh’s Law and 20 years of the GDL, we’re asking NJ to #StickToIt.
- Dangers of speeding
- Risk of distracted driving, via the related “Take Control of your Destiny” campaign
- Seat belt awareness: Click It Or Ticket is an annual nationwide campaign that incorporates zero-tolerance enforcement of safety belt laws with public awareness efforts and the support of government agencies, local coalitions and school officials to increase seat belt usage.
NJSIAA Social Channels
New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety Social Channels
- Facebook: facebook.com/NewJerseyDivisionofHighwayTrafficSafety
- Twitter: @NJTrafficSafety