NJSIAA MISSION STATEMENT
The NJSIAA, a private, voluntary Association is committed to serving all types of student-athletes, its member schools, and related professional organizations by the administration of education-based interscholastic athletics, which support academic achievement, good citizenship, and fair and equitable opportunities. We believe our member schools, along with their leagues and conferences, share the following convictions:
- A safe and healthy playing environment is essential to our mission.
- Participation in interscholastic athletics enhances the educational experience of all students.
- Interscholastic athletics is a privilege.
- Excellence in both academics and athletics is pursued by all.
- Interscholastic participation develops good citizenship, promotes healthy lifestyles, fosters involvement of a diverse population, and promotes positive school/community relations.
- Rules promote fair play and minimize risk.
- Cooperation among members advances their individual and collective well-being.
- Training of administrators and coaches promotes the educational mission of the interscholastic experiences.
- Properly trained officials/judges enhance interscholastic competition.
- The NJSIAA is the recognized state authority on interscholastic athletic programs.