2020-21 Officials Registration
Registration for all sports will open on March 1st, 2020, and close on December 31st, 2020. Please keep in mind, the chapter you belong to may have set deadlines for you to register by.
Setting up a NEW officials account
- This is a one-time process that needs to be completed before you can register for sports.
- If you have an account already, then you are set to register for your sports.
- When you create your account, please use the email address that you used for ZebraWeb.
- When you set-up your username, please use your first name & last name with no spaces (Example johnsmith).
- The User name does not have to match your ZebraWeb username, only the email address.
Register for Sports
- Make sure you have an account profile (See above).
- Make sure you are signed in.
- Follow the registration instructions provided
- Consent to a background check
- Pay appropriate registration and background check fees
- Consent to the General Release clause
All officials must clear the following eligibility checks:
- Pass the background check
- Take the concussion course
- Pass the NFHS test as required by your chapter
- Be in good standing with your chapters
NJSIAA Officials Registration Levels:
An active official is defined as any official that is registered with the NJSIAA and affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. The active official must have also successfully completed all necessary requirements of the chapter to which they are affiliated with. An active official is permitted to work all NJSIAA contests at any level. All registered “Active” officials are covered by the NFHS Liability Insurance.
A cadet is considered an “official in training” and must be registered with the NJSIAA and affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. A cadet is not permitted to work any NJSIAA varsity contest but can work all levels under the varsity level. All NJSIAA approved chapters are required to have a cadet training program and will determine the advancement of their cadets within a set period of time. All cadet training must be completed within 3 years, meaning that upon registering in year 4, the official must be either “active” or “inactive”. All registered “Cadets” are covered by the NFHS Liability Insurance.
An inactive official is defined as any official that is registered with the NJSIAA and may or may not be affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. The inactive official is not permitted to work any NJSIAA contest at any level. An inactive official will continue to be covered under the NFHS General Liability and Accident Insurance if they choose to officiate any contest other than NJSIAA, Semi-Pro, and Professional levels. In order for an official to become active again, they must complete all requirements for an “active official”.
A registered official is any official that has completed the registration process with the NJSIAA but has not completed the eligibility process. A registered official can be assigned by any NJSIAA approved assignor but cannot work any games until they become active.
An active official is any official that has completed the registration process with the NJSIAA and completed and cleared all the eligibility requirements.
A suspended official is any official that fall under 1 or more of the categories below:
- Any official that has not completed the registration process.
- Any official that has a level two or three flagged background check
- Any official that is suspended by the NJSIAA
- Any official that is not in good standing with their chapter
- All registered and active officials can be assigned to games.
- Only active officials can work any level of NJSIAA governed contests.
- Any official that has been suspended, will not be assignable and will be pulled from all games they have already been assigned to until the suspension level has been lifted.
- Any official that has not achieved active status will receive two notifications (warning & forfeiture) regarding their clearance level. See dates Below:
- Fall warning notice July 15 ~ Fall forfeiture August 1
- Winter warning notice November 15 ~ Winter forfeiture December 1
- Spring warning notice February 15 ~ Spring forfeiture March 1