2020-21 Officials Registration
Account Profile (Only needs to be done one time)
- If you already have a profile, please proceed to the registration procedure below.
- To create an account profile, click on the sign in box at the top of the NJSIAA website
- Click on “Officials Registration”
- Click on the “Create new officials account” tab.
- Complete all required information and click on “Create New Account” at the bottom.
- An email will be sent to you with login and password instructions. If you don’t see it, please check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have completed the account setup and are signed in, proceed to the officials’ tab on our website and follow the directions provided to register for sports.
- Make sure you have an account profile (See above).
- Make sure you are signed in.
- Follow the registration instructions provided
- Consent to background check
- Pay appropriate registration and background check fees
- Consent to the General Release clause
All officials must clear the following eligibility checks:
- Pass the background check
- Take the concussion course
- Pass the NFHS test as required by your chapter
- Be in good standing with your chapters
NJSIAA Officials Registration Levels:
An active official is defined as any official that is registered with the NJSIAA and affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. The active official must have also successfully completed all necessary requirements of the chapter to which they are affiliated with. An active official is permitted to work all NJSIAA contests at any level. All registered “Active” officials are covered by the NFHS Liability Insurance.
A cadet is considered an “official in training” and must be registered with the NJSIAA and affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. A cadet is not permitted to work any NJSIAA varsity contest but can work all levels under the varsity level. All NJSIAA approved chapters are required to have a cadet training program and will determine the advancement of their cadets within a set period of time. All cadet training must be completed within 3 years, meaning that upon registering in year 4, the official must be either “active” or “inactive”. All registered “Cadets” are covered by the NFHS Liability Insurance.
An inactive official is defined as any official that is registered with the NJSIAA and may or may not be affiliated with an NJSIAA approved officials’ chapter. The inactive official is not permitted to work any NJSIAA contest at any level. An inactive official will continue to be covered under the NFHS General Liability and Accident Insurance if they choose to officiate any contest other than NJSIAA, Semi-Pro, and Professional levels. In order for an official to become active again, they must complete all requirements for an “active official”.
A registered official is any official that has completed the registration process with the NJSIAA but has not completed the eligibility process. A registered official can be assigned by any NJSIAA approved assignor but cannot work any games until they become active.
An active official is any official that has completed the registration process with the NJSIAA and completed and cleared all the eligibility requirements.
A suspended official is any official that fall under 1 or more of the categories below:
- Any official that has not completed the registration process.
- Any official that has a level two or three flagged background check
- Any official that is suspended by the NJSIAA
- Any official that is not in good standing with their chapter
- All registered and active officials can be assigned to games.
- Only active officials can work any level of NJSIAA governed contests.
- Any official that has been suspended, will not be assignable and will be pulled from all games they have already been assigned to until the suspension level has been lifted.
- Any official that has not achieved active status will receive two notifications (warning & forfeiture) regarding their clearance level. See dates Below:
- Fall warning notice July 15 ~ Fall forfeiture August 1
- Winter warning notice November 15 ~ Winter forfeiture December 1
- Spring warning notice February 15 ~ Spring forfeiture March 1