The NJSIAA Executive Committee, at its discretion may approve the certification or registration of officials and/or officials chapters in all sports, and may establish the minimum requirements for testing, training and evaluating of officials.
Candidates: provide at least two character references and pass a National Federation Rules Examination or other comprehensive exam approved by the NJSIAA.
- Candidates must align with an approved chapter of officials.
- Chapters must designate a Rules Interpreter.
- Chapters must conduct meetings at which Rules, Mechanics and NJSIAA modifications are reviewed. Members shall be required to attend three meetings annually including the Rules Interpretation Meeting.
- Cadet and inservice training must be established.
- Chapters shall develop a means of evaluating their members.
- Chapter Secretaries shall furnish the NJSIAA with a list of members in good standing and include payment of dues.
- All Registered NJSIAA Officials are considered independent contractors and not employees of the Association.
- Officials are required to read the NJSIAA Sportsmanship/Pre-Game Bias Statement at all NJSIAA High School Contests.
NFHS Lean: Interscholastic Officiating Course, Specific Officiating Courses (Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Volleyball) NJ-Cost $10
CADET TRAINING COURSES