The NJSIAA, a private, voluntary Association is committed to serving all types of student-athletes, its member schools and related professional organizations by the administration of education-based interscholastic athletics, which support academic achievement, good citizenship, and fair and equitable opportunities.
We believe that member schools, along with their leagues and conferences, share these convictions:
• A safe and healthy playing environment is essential to our mission.
• Participation in interscholastic athletics enhances the educational experience of all students.
• Interscholastic athletics is a privilege.
• Excellence in both academics and athletics is pursued by all.
• Interscholastic participation develops good citizenship and healthy life-styles, fosters involvement of a diverse population and promotes positive school/community relations.
• Rules promote fair play and minimize risk.
• Cooperation among members advances their individual and collective well-being.
• Training of administrators and coaches promotes the educational mission of the interscholastic experiences.
• Properly trained officials/judges enhance interscholastic competition.
• The NJSIAA is the recognized state authority on interscholastic athletic programs.